Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 August 2009

First Outing

On Saturday, I started Tillie, to check out my work. Good news, the water system is not leaking and the temperature gauge is working. The Oil gauge shows 10-20 psi, but is leaking from the oil pipe, so a new pipe is needed.
Whilst working on the water system and gauges I removed the Fuel Tank and on replacing cleaned out the fuel bowl and line. When I brought Tillie, the engine run temperamentally, and would cough and sputter a bit depending on rev's.
When I refitted the fuel tank I noticed that I couldn't get fuel to flow from the small petrol start up tank, but had flow from the main TVO tank. I think the fuel tap needs some investigation. Problem solved by filling the main tank with straight petrol.
Having done this, she started up first time and runs alot smoother. Therefore I'm assuming there is a fuel restriction issue when using the start up tank.
The upright exhaust looks a lot better and sounds really good too.

Having done all this work a little trip to the Red Lion was therefore in order to celebrate.

I've also now received my verification letter from the FoFH. This dates Tillie to Friday 24th September 1954, being one of 227 tractors made that day.
Insurance has been sorted with NUFU at £38 per year fully comp. The next job is to apply for an age related number plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment