Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 September 2009

Road Legal

So having returned from holiday. I have two free days to spend on the tractor. I've set myself two tasks, the first (on Thursday) to take my documentation to the DVLC offices in Oxford in order to obtain a registration document and registration plate number.
Full of confidence, I arrived at the offices. A 45 min wait according to the ticket/queueing system. H'm, not a good start. 40 mins later, my turn has come. I present all my documents, plus four photos of the tractor only to be told that the tractor may need to inspected ! Surely not, more delay.
When I ask why ? the less than helpful assistant, is clearly only use to dealing with the standard lost tax disc type enquiries. Anyway, I leave all the information with her and leave somewhat crest fallen. I had hoped the whole process would have been far simpler.
The second task I have planned is to start the process of removing all the old layers of paint from tractors gearbox and back axle (see below).


A day later I'm pleased with the results and much to my surprise a envelope arrives today with a Tax Disc and confirmation of my registration number plate. I can only assume someone at the DVLA office has applied some common sense.


Re infused with excitement, I spend Saturday, applying the registration number to the front of the tractor, more painting, attaching my new tax disc and adding Tillie's name' to left hand side of the bonnet.
Tillie, Taxed, and Named.

No comments:

Post a Comment