Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 June 2010

Dashboard

It feels like I might have finally turned a corner. Today, I started the progress of preparing the dash for painting. I'd removed the dash and related tin work as part of the refurbishment. A quick acid dip and then begins the process of wire brushing, and wet and dry paper. When I purchased Tillie, she had a hole in the dash for a headlight switch, As I don't have lights at the moment I've decided to fill the hole by using a small square of sheet metal and some body filler. 
 I've also taken the opportunity to replace the dash breather mesh. With the dash in place the whole lot has been primed and silicon sealant used between the mating parts. Once the dash was mounted, I was pleased with the results.

I've also started to apply grey primed to the main tractor body and axle as can be seen in the above photo's. Turning may attention to the seat and sprung bracket, I removed the old seat from the bracket with the aid of a disc cutter. A 24hr acid dip for the bracket followed by an hour removing the surface rust has left me with a salvageable part. A big push in June, may just see Tillie up and running in July? 

No comments:

Post a Comment