Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 April 2011

More Wings

OK, great day on Friday for top coating the wings. I decided to mount both wings onto a length of timber and then hold this in a workmate so that I could spray both the inside and outside of the wings at the same time. The other advantage of this being the wings are the right way up (previously I had sprayed them whilst hung from the garage roof which meant they was effectively upside down whilst spraying).

I'm keen to get as good a finish as possible, to match the bonnet as this turned out so well.

With both wings screwed down to my makeshift timber bench I can start the spraying process. I'm also going to spray the air filter at the same time. A couple of base coats (about 10% thinner in the paint) then leave these coats to 'tack off' before two more coats of about 20% thinner to bring out the shine.
 Finished job with the air filter in the background. note the timber that the wings as screwed to and all the plastic sheet to stop my garage being turned Ferguson Grey at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment