Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 April 2011

Wings

With the sun shining, I have set about finishing fitting the new wing skins to the original wing frames. With both frames removed, and after plenty of grinding the frames have been primer.

I have started by attaching the bottom frame (the wings came with the bottom centre bolt hole already drilled but no others) Once in place, I then drilled the other 6 holes. 2 for the bottom frame and 4 for both the bottom and top frame where the two frames bolt together.

I'm using 10mm stainless hex nuts and bolts with nyloc nuts for the bottom 7 fixings and 8mm dome headed bolts and nyloc's for the top 3 fixings).

This picture shows both wings bolted to there primed frames, hung ready for painting.
You can just make out all 10 fixings it you look closely.

I've decided to paint the wings in two separate sessions, the inside and frames first and then the outside. This is mainly due to limited space in my garage. I also wanted the give the insides and frames a good coating of paint to help protect them. The next image showns the wings after a quick blast of top coat.

 Both wings top coated. Plan is to leave them for 24 hrs before preparing the outsides ready for paint. coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment